microsoft ripping people off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... such low levels of ethics... not that microsoft doesn't have enough money, but the retail chains should be supported for being there. It costs the stores money when you do illegal things like that.

who cares.... i mean he already got the key which matters the most anyways, why go out an buy a new copy of XP when he already has it..... microsoft doesn't deserve another penny anyways....

yeah i know but i am planning on selling my computer and don't want to give away a pirated disc. I also don't want to get caught with illegal software.

wow... such low levels of ethics... not that microsoft doesn't have enough money, but the retail chains should be supported for being there. It costs the stores money when you do illegal things like that.

Not really. You only buy a license to the software. Which you dont even own technically. M$ still owns it. We basically rent it. For a high price. So why pay for another serial when you already have one? Gonna pay another $100 for a plastic CD that cost then $2 to make? Just so they can get another $90 profit out of it?

Sorry my ethics is just fine. I use my $$ to take care of my daughter not line Gates and Ballmers pockets. They have enough money already. They have more than they can use to cover 7 lifetimes. Are they gonna help me out when i need it? No so why should i help them.

I have a serial so i just get my disc from somewhere else. They ALL do the same thing. Doesnt matter as long as it is Home for home and Pro for Pro. Some have some extras added like security updates while others dont.

Till i see Ballmer and Gates come to my neighborhood and buy stuff for our local shops and help support my family. I will do what i have to. If i have to pirate a disc and use a legit serial. So be it.:p

I want to get rid of linux on my 3rd computer anyway which is why i was going to get the $90 copy of xp yet. Then i would have 3 cd keys and 2 discs but i will still have to get a copy of xp for my 3rd rig when the price drops which I bet the price won't drop even when windows vienna comes out next year.

Not really. You only buy a license to the software. Which you dont even own technically. M$ still owns it. We basically rent it. For a high price. So why pay for another serial when you already have one? Gonna pay another $100 for a plastic CD that cost then $2 to make? Just so they can get another $90 profit out of it?

Sorry my ethics is just fine. I use my $$ to take care of my daughter not line Gates and Ballmers pockets. They have enough money already. They have more than they can use to cover 7 lifetimes. Are they gonna help me out when i need it? No so why should i help them.

I have a serial so i just get my disc from somewhere else. They ALL do the same thing. Doesnt matter as long as it is Home for home and Pro for Pro. Some have some extras added like security updates while others dont.

Till i see Ballmer and Gates come to my neighborhood and buy stuff for our local shops and help support my family. I will do what i have to. If i have to pirate a disc and use a legit serial. So be it.:p

What more can you say to this response then..

Amen!!

Windows Vienna isnt coming out next year. It isnt even being started yet. Windows Vienna is the codename for the next Windows OS. The name will be changed to Windows 7 though. They are going to go with a number system to make it easier.

Vienna isnt even in its alpha stages yet. They are still working hard and concentrating on Vista right now. They have not put anyone on that project at all.

XP...well you better get a copy of it quick. M$ is shafting everyone and stopping all sales of it before the new year. So no you wont see a price drop. But you said you ahve 3 serials and 3 machines. Which is all you need. No need to buy another serial.

Ohh yeah about the Stores aspect....No. I worked at Wal-Mart. They dont pay for the product as much as you think. I worked in Electronics. I can say that for a fact. While they charge you $99 for a XP UPGRADE disc it only cost them about $30. If that. So the stores dont lose out. You return it they do the same thing and get their $$ back. Plus being software they have strict rules about returns.

Plus the software is a different aspect. They dont pay up front for the software like other products. They pay after the product leaves the store. So if the XP disc just sits there they dont pay a penny for it. Not until it gets scanned by a register. So while you going ot the store and then returning it does cost them $30 they can get it back just as easy as we do returning it to the store. All they do is send it back to the Distribution Center. Then they get credit. So they dont get charged a dime while we pay the $100 for a disc.

Sorry but being in retail for over 5 years has taught me a few things. They are worse than M$ ever could think of being. They get their products at such a cheap price and then mark it up on average 50% to make a profit. To me their ethics should be called into question. That is why i try and stay away from Wal-Mart and Target. They are the worst at this. They get dirt cheap products...mark them up over 50%...and tell you that you save more...Bull!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom