BEST Harddrives!! Need your vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I need people's opinions on the best hard drives... preferably ones that are around $100. Currently, I'm deciding between a Samsung or a Seagate.

I've bought everything so far except my p35-ds3r mobo and the HDD. Should I get a 500gb HDD or should I buy two 250gb HDD and put RAID config.?

If you're not worried about the non-fault tolerance of RAID 0, then go ahead and get the two 250s.

If it were me, I would just go for the single 500GB HDD, because I don't care about the couple seconds waiting time difference.

well one thing good about getting 2 250gb drives and still NOT raiding them is that you can back up alot of data onto one drive from the other incase for some reason you have to reformatt

the best of both worlds...raid 0 and a backup...

i just got my 500gb seagate 7200.10, and i couldn't be happier backing up all my files into it..while using the raid 0 for performance

the best of both worlds...raid 0 and a backup...

i just got my 500gb seagate 7200.10, and i couldn't be happier backing up all my files into it..while using the raid 0 for performance

yeah thats cool if he were to buy 3 hard drives. but i dont think he's asking that...

honestly i dont think you would even notice the difference of raid 0 in everyday use. its a waste of money imo. i would have 2 hard drives minimum, one for OS and one for backup.

my vote is on the Samsung Spinpoint

and i would go with a seagate barracuda, in particular a 7200.10 hdd.

i use mine for watching movies...gaming.. i know in everyday use its like useless..but for intensive games like say oblivion or bfxxxx, i think 2 hard drives helps a lot in terms of loading time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom