Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. You could just look at my signature for a recommended gaming rig as you can see I am just going to recommend my stuff :) My total system cost $1398 from various places.

I would highly recommend the gigabyte P35-DS3R.

is everyone going for the gigabyte P35-DS3R now? I don't see myself getting DDR3 ram in the future but I might if it gets good ( price and performance differance ), however Im a bit worried since b1gap said the DS3R has some bugs since it can support both DDR2 and DDR3 ram.

The Gigabyte P35-DS3R, is the motherboard to go for now. It overclocks extremely well, at low voltages. Not expensive, and is futureproof for Wolfdales.

By the time DDR3 gets good and cheap, there would be better motherboards as well, to handle them. The P35C-DS3R, is the one I said that could possibly be a little buggy, so just get the regular P35-DS3R.

The Gigabyte P35-DS3R, is the motherboard to go for now. It overclocks extremely well, at low voltages. Not expensive, and is futureproof for Wolfdales.

By the time DDR3 gets good and cheap, there would be better motherboards as well, to handle them. The P35C-DS3R, is the one I said that could possibly be a little buggy, so just get the regular P35-DS3R.

correcta-mundo

OK, so far so good. here's what we've got:

Processor - e6550

VGA - Geforce8800GTS 320 mb

RAM - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-6400 800MHz 240-pin DDR2 Memory - 112438

Motherboard - P35-DS3R

Next I wanna know if I should get a regular size monitor 17" or 19" or go with the wide screen type of monitors. What do you think?

I have been curious about one thing, GrinchMan after reading some of your post it looks like you aren't planning in upgrading in a couple of years I'm correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom