$1200 budget-What can that get me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the waste

Beta member
I've been a console gamer my entire life, and know relatively nothing about computers. I finally have saved up enough money, I hope, to get into computer gaming. Now I am completely new to this but I had a feeling that I would be better off not trying to get a good computer at some retail store like Best Buy.
I'll probably be using my computer more for RTS games, although I don't really know.

Whats the best system I could buy at my budget and where would I go to buy it?

Newegg is usually the best
Gigabyte DSR3
Core 2 (whatever is the best bang for your buck when you order)
2GB Gskill DDR2 800
88GTS 320

thats the base for it right there

edit: meant to quote first guy.....

My build in my signature isn't finished yet, but I just ordered everything except the e6750, and it costs about $1,100 (including the e6750, hopefully it will be $183 like they said). Add the $100 to get a 8800gts and you're set.

Awesome thanks to all its helping me alot.

And will newegg build my computer for me or just send the parts? I have 0 computer building experience.

the waste said:

And will newegg build my computer for me or just send the parts? I have 0 computer building experience.

They will send you the parts, and you'll have to build it yourself. It doesn't matter, if you don't know jack about the building part. We've taught many n00bs, how to build a computer.

Heres a nice and easy guide to follow, with great pictures as well:
Build a System: Page 1

Put it this way: Is like when you for the first time use a console you don't know anything about it and after sometime you finish knowing a lot.

Not the best example but that can give you an idea of what I'm trying to tell you, anyway if you need help with the building just ask here follow the guide that b1gapl posted above , google, or just look on youtube for video tutorials.

yeah before i came here in feb. i new nuthin of building computers. these folks here b1gapl, sora, ste and whatnot told me wats going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom