Help me pick a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys been away from the computer.

"may i ask why u favor dell?"

Well for desktop's I'm a firm believer you can't go wrong building your own or picking parts and having someone else or a website build it for you. I used to sell Gateway's and to make a long story short I'd never trust them and had a lot of customers switch to dell, long run stability IMO is better, and the biggest reason it is extremely difficult to find a major brand with the specs Dell offers at their price points, and lastly in the Dell small business section you can specify for them to not install bloatware/trialware all over the machine so its a clean install of windows, better performance, less exceptions in the firewall to worry about cleaning up (the more exceptions or ports open in the firewall, the easier it is for your computer to get hacked), and lets me decide what software I want to install.

Ultimately I'm like everyone else and what the best specs for the dollar from a decent name brand, so I want a dell laptop.

Thank you for the links Trotter, I liked these specs C2D T5470, 15.4", 1 gig, 120 gig HD, DL DVD-RW, 128MB NVIDIA 8400M GS, choice of XP or Vista.

Going to try to find the same thing

I'm leaning towards Vista basic because thats all she really needs, I like the upgraded security & optimizations for Vista also, particularly the optimizations for dual-core cpu's.

Athlon X2 Dual-Core processor TK-53 (1.7GHz/512KB) vs. C2D T5470 1.6 ghz 2mb cache

The core2 blows it away correct? Still might go with the X2 to save $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom