1st build going fine, but it won't power up! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I am putting together my first build and was doing fine. I go to start it up for the first time, but I don't get anything at all. Not a single fan. I have the XFX nForce 590 SLI mobo and am using an Xclio 500w psu. Since this is my first build, I am not sure if I have everything plugged in correctly. I have the main 24 pin power connected as well as the 4 pin connector. Help please! Thanks

The psu is plugged into the wall. When I turn on the psu, I see two small led lights indicate on the motherboard. Besides the standard 4 pin power connector, is there any other power connector needed for the hard drive?

There are 2 strings of 4 pin connectors. is there a specific order things need to be plugged in from the psu? My psu has a 24 pin main power and a 4 pin connector. The mobo has an 8 pin power connector, and I have the 4 pin plugged in correctly according to the manual. Am I missing something?

I'm doing this kinda fast, so sorry for the large pics.

Ok, I have the main 24 pin, the 4 pin, and a 4 pin molex connected to the motherboard.

P1010011.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010007.jpg

The front of the case has these leads. The orange is for the power switch, the green is the power led, the blue is the reset switch, the red is the hdd led.
P1010014.jpg

The motherboard has color-coded connections.
P1010017.jpg

Are these the same color coded as the case leads? Because the green 'power led' lead has three pin connections, but the green connection on the mobo only has 2. The blue connection on the mobo has a third prong. does it matter which one is plugged in where?

I doubt the color code for your front panel switches are the same as the motherboard, just refer to the manual where each are to be plug in. White is negative on the wire.

my mobo didnt come with a paper manual. I checked online and all it says is they are the front panel connections. Update-I switched so the first 4 pin molex connector was to my mobo and I had it powered up for a couple seconds. I turned it off because I didnt have the back fan plugged in. Now I can't get it to power up again. Arrgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom