Re-Considering Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok you were talking about the foxconn. i wasn't sure because another bourd is in your sig. i don't know alot about that board. i just noticed that it had what looked like alot of so so revies. hold on and i will look more in to that foxconn

if i follow nagasamas steps will i be fine with oc this?
I dont wanna go and raise the voltage. Do i need to if i wanna get my speed to around 2.2 -2.4 ghz?
And is it possible oc without doing anything with the ram?

o i gotta change that sig, im sorry, its just that i havent gotten all my parts yet.
Im geting the mobo and my cooler tomorrow.

Can you guys give me a list of programs i should download for testing.

And what im suppose to do with each of the tests?

Well the board you bought, judjing by the reviews there have been quite a bit of doa's and some one said there documentation is poor. A couple of people claim to have had overclocking succes but not many details, I am sceptical of their credibility. If you want to gamble. Then keep that board. If you want an awsome board, return it and get the lanparty.

super pi: for memery testing

prime 95: for stress testing cpu and ram

cpuz: for viewing info and setting on your system

A64 tweaker: for testing ram settings

3dmark05: for benchmarking 3d performance

I'm sure are many others as well but these are the ones I used the most.

the truth is i havent worked in a while, and im just gonna be starting my 2 jobs next week.
I do not have that much money, infact none at all, im really broke at the moment.
What i could do is return my opty and get the 4200. Its stock speeds are 2.2ghz, but iit has lower l2 cache.
I know I shouldnt be impatient, but ive been waiting for a while. First i got new gfx card, then ram, then processor, but my mobo doesnt work with optys so only single core is being used.
If my mobo is bad to oc, and i get the 4200, will it be way better than the opty on stock?

I just used memtest 86 last night, im not sure which one is better.
I also have 3dmark 06 so i should be fine with that.

super pi: for memery testing

prime 95: for stress testing cpu and ram

cpuz: for viewing info and setting on your system

A64 tweaker: for testing ram settings

3dmark05: for benchmarking 3d performance

I'm sure are many others as well but these are the ones I used the most.

I think, Orthos is better for the CPU and RAM stress test and RightMark to check your CPU's temperature. Orthos is pretty simple by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom