Re-Considering Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would have to agree that the dfi board is better, and a superb overclocker. the nf4 ultra chipset is definitely one of the best.
it is to s939 what the 590 is to am2.

Yeah the DFI lanparty UT Ultra-d is awsome I love it. Too bad it seems there are no more for sale. Maybe with enough looking around you may find one. If not look in to another board. The one you listed is not one of the best boards. Look at some others. Such as Asus,Abit,Msi Don't get a crappy board, you will regret it. Try looking at board at newegg.com and always read the revies. One good review is not good enough. Buy a board that has alot of great reviews.

well i just bought this one and i was suggested to get this one from the previous thread...so yeah.

I will be getting this tomorrow, so how bad is this board? i dead read almost all the reviews.

Im not trying to max the oc, i just want to get around 2.2 to 2.4 ghz.

Yes that looks like a nice deal on a nice board. As long as new egg still warrenties this board, I would jump on it.

I didn't notice it was out of stock. Let me look around again. When you say quote:my board. Which board do you mean?

Keep your cpu's vcore voltage at its default setting. Inrease your front side bus (FSB) a few mhz higher. save settings in bios and exit. Keep doing this untill your system becomes unstable. Then go back to the last stable FSB setting. This is a safe way to get you highest overclock without increasing your voltage. I do not recomment increasing the cpu's voltage untill you know atot more about your hardware specs. And other peoples experiances with the same hardware you are useing.

He's going to have to use RightMark and Orthos too you know. Can't just keep adding numbers until you think it's unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom