New Egg = Shneaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Not too long ago New Egg listed the panel type for the Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1(DC 3000:1) - Retail as a "C" panel. People who have been following this product will know that the this model inferior (however slightly, I know) to the "S" panel, which was made by Samsung itself. I looked at it again today and they had deleted the part about who's panel it was entirely. Now I know the difference between the S and A,C panels is mainly just color calibration which can be corrected. But at least I was aware of the panel type before purchase.

If you read up on this monitor you will read alot of flames depicting the other non Samsung panels as garbage,which is why I believe NewEgg decided to snip that little part out, and that couldn't be farther from the truth. A dedicated researcher will find that 60 seconds worth of color calibration will make them nearly identical.

By the way, I am going to buy this monitor because it is just amazing. I know I can count on an amen for that.

I was planning on getting one too. Do you know a place where, it's guaranteed an S model?

I do not, I only looked once and not for very long. I have nothing better to do at work today so I might as well poke around.

Search eBay for 226bw and theres one there thats an S panel. If I were going to be in town when the auction ends I would bid on it, Its the only reason Im passing on the info =P I want one so bad! I'm going to check the local stores in Tampa, if I find more than 1 I will let you guys know.

this is why I go to costco for my monitor purchases...90 day money back guarentee and you can return it to the costco store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom