Newb here - Need some wisdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For these uses, I would reccomend an ATi X1650PRO- it's not too expensive, but it will cater for light gaming, if you 'get into' it. I would also reccomend a nice soundcard for the music producing. Also if the film editing will be 'heavy' then i would reccomend getting 4 GIGZ of RAM.

GFX:
Newegg.com - ATI 100-437808 Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

SOUND KARD:
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

(i am not sure about the soundcarde though i dont have much knowledge on those)

Oh@vernon g: the spinpoint is faster and quieter than the barracuda and also i am sue that it uses perpendicular recording.

sound doesn't need 4gb ram, but i agree on the x1650pro, and the x-fi sound card......

850$

hmm

i say this is the best u could get

evga 590
x2 3600+ brisbane
8800gts 320mb
320gb HD
some dvd-r drive 20$
coolermaster centurion 5
xclio greatpower 550watt
arctic freezer pro 64

i think that pushes u to to be like 750-800$ shipped... spend the xtra 50$ on yourself :)

It looks like you haven't given me any RAM or a monitor.

I appreciate the help from everyone, I just need most people to agree on the computer.

you probably will be fine with 2 gb(2 x 1) of gskill RAM
and for a moniter i'd go with a widescreen 19'' or if you like big upgrade to a 22''
Samsung, and LG are high quality brands
Acer, Sceptre, Hanns, and Viewsonic are other good brands

What about a soundcard a videocard? Are those necessary?

I built these high quality satellite speakers 2 years ago and they're really good, I plan on hooking them up to my computer.

As for film editing I'm just gettin started with basics nothing crazy.

well a vid card is necessary because you have to process video somehow
and an x-fi will make those speakers go to their full potential

Alright thanks, I'll just wait for the people helping me to assemble a deal for me in the meantime.

Also I bought a hard drive almost 2 years ago that I never used and it is still brand new, here is the link to it.

PROVANTAGE: Seagate ST3300831AS Barracuda 7200.8 300GB SATA/150 NCQ 8MB 7200RPM

Back then the back of this hard drive looked completely different from the one inside my computer so I just shelved it and never used it, I don't know if its outdated its been less than a couple years, and on that link there are some users who have had said it has its faults but if I can save $80 on a Hard drive and use this one I have that would be nice.

well .8 ares are quite older, especially with the perpendicular tech in the newer .10's

Alright thanks.

But...where are the techies that were helping me with a machine.

I mean I'd like a few people to agree on a suitable PC for me I think, and recommend me places online to buy it before I blow full steam ahead. Also, when the parts do come I will need help assembling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom