Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight, if I'll buy today GTS and e6650 it will only last for a few month?? and games like Crysis and Gears of Wars wouldn't work good on it? and if I'll get GTX and Q6600 it will work but still on a pretty low frame rate?

If you get an 8800gts 320mb card and the e6320,6420 or e6550 you will be good on gaming for about 1-2 years. Granted on some of the more graphic intensive games you will not be able to play on max settings but you'll still be able to play them on med-high settings.

If you were to go the q6600 and 8800GTX you would see an improvement but not enough of one to warrant the extra $400-$500. Go with the cheaper option which will be more than sufficient until the 9 series cards come out and drop in price than just upgrade the card. About that time the new Penryn chips will be out and hopefully drop in price as well and would be another nice upgrade.

With the cheaper setup you will not have to upgrade for close to 2 years.

OK, thanks for the explanation. So yeah, for now I've got:

Processor - e6550
VGA - 8800GTS 320

Next I want to talk about the memory, 2GB is enough. But what brand should I get is there really a difference?

haha. You could just look at my signature for a recommended gaming rig as you can see I am just going to recommend my stuff :) My total system cost $1398 from various places.

I would highly recommend the gigabyte P35-DS3R.

haha. You could just look at my signature for a recommended gaming rig as you can see I am just going to recommend my stuff :) My total system cost $1398 from various places.

I would highly recommend the gigabyte P35-DS3R.

who wouldn't lmao :) nice rig btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom