Blue Screen of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, all this stuff was working for the past 3 weeks, since I went from Vista to XP. Every since last week is when this Blue Screens start poping up and now this mess, but yes, everthing is connected right.

The hard-drive doesn't show up? What the :confused:. Did you connect the S-ATA cables in the correct spots? Did you plug in the S-ATA Cable and the 4pin-15pin Power Cable? Oh man, if you hear a click, then there is something wrong with the disc readers inside the hard-drive.

So this who time, I should have just ordered another HDD???

A single click is normal for some drives. It should be obvious to tell if it's spinning or not, just put your hand on it and you can feel the vibrations. Just make sure that all SATA channels are enabled in the BIOS

now, it came back and i hear noises again. Its showed back up on the CMOS as IDE channel 3 master.

A single click is normal for some drives. It should be obvious to tell if it's spinning or not, just put your hand on it and you can feel the vibrations. Just make sure that all SATA channels are enabled in the BIOS

How do you enable SATA channels on Bios, my motherboard guide doesn't explain it?

Well they should be enabled by default, however it should be somewhere under advanced BIOS settings or integrated periphirals.

As long as it is working though I wouldn't be concerned. The next thing you need to do is dig up the floppy disk that should have come with your board that is labeled "SATA/RAID drivers" or something similar. You need to load the SATA drivers during the windows installation or windows will not be able to find your hard drive.

Well they should be enabled by default, however it should be somewhere under advanced BIOS settings or integrated periphirals.

As long as it is working though I wouldn't be concerned. The next thing you need to do is dig up the floppy disk that should have come with your board that is labeled "SATA/RAID drivers" or something similar. You need to load the SATA drivers during the windows installation or windows will not be able to find your hard drive.

It never came with one and my build computer did have one either until I just savaged it from a very old computer that doesn't work. Te guy at the computer shop said he can put on the drivers for $45 for me, but as it looks, I have no other choice, I don't no anybody that has a floopy drive and where to get the drivers.

Solved It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took it to a computer shop and for free of charge he told me it was a fired HDD, he said that he stuck it into his computer and it did the same thing just like mind, well, i just hope they take back this HDD, I give Seagate one more chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom