Should i get this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I thought this was a bargain... is it ?

Tekheads.co.uk

1066 PC8500 2GB Kit TekHeads own kit for £68

I thought i might get it in my quest to overclock my E6300 as far as possible, and my PC5300 aint gona cut it :D.

I dont know how stable and good this will be for overclocking when lowering timeings etc etc ?

Also another question. Whys the E6750 cheeper than the E6700 ? Which will be faster ? whats the difference ? :eek:

I have crap value ram in my PC and it works fine. Prolly wouldn't do too well under OCing...but I just needed lots of ram for the things I do which actually use it all up. If you don't want to OC it I don't think it makes -that- much of a difference.

ehh so what at 1066mhz how much faster do you want it? If you need to raise your CPU's FSB while keeping a sane ram speed then just lower your RAM's speed down a notch to 800mhz and then the high FSB will raise it back again.

The timings though, might be the downfall. If thats a good price for ram in the UK though i say take it.

Its a very good price, OCZ Kingston and Crucials cheepest stuff and even computer shop branded 1066Mhz DDR2 2GB packs are £120+. To be honest i can't see me needing to overclock them that much, they might get hot i suppose. But then i'll just by a HS for them.

Ahh well thats the world of computing, get the best you can for the money. And then if it sucks, without your wife knowing (luckily i dont have one at 13 :) ) spend lots of money :D, like my dad does, alot.

How much of a difference do ram timings make.

If i spent roughly the same amount of money on a decent pair of PC6400, 7200 RAM, would that be better or would 6400 ram still limit me ?

Ok how about this > OCZ (OCZ2P10002GK) 2GB (2x1024MB) DDR2-1000 PC2-8000 CL 5-5-5-15 PLATINUM DUAL CHANNEL EL XTC KIT (LIFETIME WARRANTY)

Or This > OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Gold GX XTC CL5 DUAL CHANNEL (LIFETIME WARRANTY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom