Status
Not open for further replies.

GrinchMan

Baseband Member
I want to buy a new gaming computer. This includes all the parts (Monitor,
speakers etc etc).

Currently I think of buying the Q6600 Processor (due to the price being lowe
red this week)and 8800GTS or 8800 GTX.

Do you have any suggestions for an whole specifications of the computer?

Hey GrinchMan,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Heres a list of suggested parts:

Case - Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 or e6750
RAM - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 CAS4
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 16MB Cache
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120
Monitor - Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms
Mouse & Keys - Microsoft S82

Total comes to a little over $1650. Actually it comes way over $1650(like $1700+), because of the 8800GTX. I would suggest you get the EVGA 8800GTS 320MB, and upgrade to the 9800GTX, when it comes out in several months. If you do that, the total will be around $1500+, and you can spend the rest on speakers.

You can save even more money, if you go with the C2D e6750, instead of the Q6600, and upgrade to the new Wolfdales or Yorkfields, which is the new C2Ds, coming next year. Doing this will bring your total, to around $1400+. With the e6750, you can even save more, by dropping the more expensive Tuniq cooler, with the cheaper bang for your buck Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro.

wow....nice find, Bot. Fixed my links. lol...I think I'll buy that set this week. That deal is just too good, with the rebate.

no problem.

I just picked up an e6550 for $189. I figure its a stepup from the e6420. It should be at the house in about 3 days my friend will put the system together this weekend as I am out of town for another month. I'll be able to OC it late Aug so the clock is ticking now.

I forgot to say that I will join the military in a year or so. So most of my gaming will be during this year.

I forgot to say that I will join the military in a year or so. So most of my gaming will be during this year.

I am in the military now and most of my gaming has been well over the last 10 years. Depending on what branch and what your job will be will decide how much gaming you will be able to do. As I am deployed right now I am unable to game :( However, when I get back home I'll be a gaming fool.

Good choice joining the military. Make sure you get college knocked out while you are in, seeing as the military pays 100% of your tuition. I'll be retiring soon with 2 AA degrees, 1 BA degree and my Master's Degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom