Hardest decision for July 22nd builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats my perception on it, i say wait for the Penryn and 9 series and call it a day :)

Why not just wait for everything in that case till everything is really cheap, the 9 series and Penryn series are more then 6+ months away. If someones willing to wait that long and hold of on building a computer, then why even talk about building a computer in the first place if your willing to wait a whole 6 months. Keep in mind when those products do come out, they will most definately be premium priced since they are brand new ( aka Geforce Ultra at 900 dollars when it came out ), so you'll do even more waiting.

Why not just wait for everything in that case till everything is really cheap, the 9 series and Penryn series are more then 6+ months away. If someones willing to wait that long and hold of on building a computer, then why even talk about building a computer in the first place if your willing to wait a whole 6 months. Keep in mind when those products do come out, they will most definately be premium priced since they are brand new ( aka Geforce Ultra at 900 dollars when it came out ), so you'll do even more waiting.

well thats my situation, i need to become 15 and get a job, but i'd rather wait well because i have no option :)

well thats my situation, i need to become 15 and get a job, but i'd rather wait well because i have no option :)

Understandable for your situation then. My typical rule of thumb is to never wait for something more then a month away. For example, if I wait for something two months away, by the time that two months rolls around some deal/newproduct would be announced to come out 1-2 months or something like that later on, and I would find myself literally waiting forever to get the best deal.

Understandable for your situation then. My typical rule of thumb is to never wait for something more then a month away. For example, if I wait for something two months away, by the time that two months rolls around some deal/newproduct would be announced to come out 1-2 months or something like that later on, and I would find myself literally waiting forever to get the best deal.

if i was in ur situation, i would get things urgently :) but i would be smart with my buys

if i was in ur situation, i would get things urgently :) but i would be smart with my buys

I think I am, Ive done combined like more then 8 hours of research on all my parts and Im waiting for July 22nd to get the q6600 and the other crap I need

I know exactly how you feel because right now I could said I'm in a very similar situation.

I have been struggling about if I should buy the GTX or wait until November, I have speak about this before but I really don't know what to do, specially since my eVGA 6800GT is dead, good thing those cards have lifetime warranty so I will most likely contact evga and rma the card this week.

I know exactly how you feel because right now I could said I'm in a very similar situation.

I have been struggling about if I should buy the GTX or wait until November, I have speak about this before but I really don't know what to do, specially since my eVGA 6800GT is dead, good thing those cards have lifetime warranty so I will most likely contact evga and rma the card this week.

Why wait till November? Whats happening november? I dont think the 9 series will be out by then, even when they do come out they will be at premium pricing since their new.

Indeed a quandry I too am facing since my new build will also be primarily for gaming.

The one thing I have learned with my 20+ years with PC's is that if you are always waiting for the next best piece of hardware to be released you will never get your system built, which is exactly where I am. With all my years running the latest and greatest software this is actually my first home built system because I keep waiting for the pace of technology to slow down. If I have learned nothing else, I have learned that I will be in a box of my own before I build a system with that rationale.

Anyway, to each their own. There are definitely arguments both ways. I have made several changes to what I was originally planning already due to the great advice from people here who know whats in the pipeline and I am reasonably happy with my new design.

All I know is I am going to shoot for the best midrange configuration I can find to accomplish the following...

1. I can run anything the software market is putting out for the next year +
2. I have flexibility with upgrade options as hardware matures to run the latest software for the next year +
3. I dont completely break the bank to have a level of performance I will be happy with for the next year + (I am pretty much guaranteed to have respectable framerates and load times for all my software)

All I can say about the waiting game is to read my earlier comments in this thread... You will never get a system built if you wait for the next best thing to be released. So just decide on what is important to you now and provides you with some growth and "future proof" protection right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom