Full tower case recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Before I had a NZXT Zero full tower case, and it defiantely worked great. However my mobo temps were pretty hot ( may be due to my defective 74 celcius idle 8800 gtx which is now replaced ), and also the beautiful piano gloss paint job was easily scratched and one of the two power LEDs are easily burned out ( as mentioned by other newegg reviews ). So I was looking at the : Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

which has a 25 dollar mail in rebate, but this particular model does not have a side case fan. ( wondering how important this really is, some mentioned it wasn't important, plus the side case fan might block the tuniq tower 120 i plan to get ), also this model is steel instead of the 50 dollars more expensive aluminum model. Sure its heavier but its not like ill be carrying it for much long. What does everyone thing of this? I saw a display model at Frys, but it was really beat up. Anyone have this?

The armor is a very good case. It has great cooling as well, i mean theres probably better, but its still very good.

The thing is HUGE though, and very heavy, so be aware of that. I has alot of presence though, looks great.

Is the antec 900 really that good at cooling? I read some reviews that didn't really seem to mention the cooling except the standard "good cooling." I went and personally saw the antec 900 at frys and was extremely dissapointed at the build quality. Just feel the side of the case...it bends like cheap plastic. Not to mention its a mid-tower case, and I don't think it can fit a tuniq tower 120 and a 8800 gtx sufficiently.

it will sureley. fit a 8800gtx and a tuniq with no fuss at all. it is a great case with good cooling for its price. but my new favourite case is the NZXT lexa it comes with 3x120mm fans a one 80mm fan. and it has no problems in size its the biggest thing ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom