My computer won't accept (2x1024) 2 gigs of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowTech

Beta member
I'm paying heavily on restocking fees at newegg.com. I've tried 3 different brands of Ram and my computer stalls whenever I go over 1 gig of ram @ DDR400. My mother stats that I only can enjoy DDR400 speed if I use 2 of the 3dimm sockets. If I use all three, I can only get DDR333 Speed. The thing is that when I inserted (2x1024) and (1x512), the computer runs fine with 2.5 gigs of ram running at DDR 333, but it refuses to run 2 gigs at DDR 400. My Chaintech SKT600 has the ability to go up to 3 gigs of ram.

What's happening?

Yeah... this ain't kindergarten. A crappy mobo is a crappy mobo, and it is a pain in the nether regions.

Forum rules, mi amigo. i don't set 'em, I just enforce 'em. Since I don't use that word or others like it in my vocabulary, I don't have a problem with it.

I'm paying heavily on restocking fees at newegg.com. I've tried 3 different brands of Ram and my computer stalls whenever I go over 1 gig of ram @ DDR400. My mother stats that I only can enjoy DDR400 speed if I use 2 of the 3dimm sockets. If I use all three, I can only get DDR333 Speed. The thing is that when I inserted (2x1024) and (1x512), the computer runs fine with 2.5 gigs of ram running at DDR 333, but it refuses to run 2 gigs at DDR 400. My Chaintech SKT600 has the ability to go up to 3 gigs of ram.

What's happening?

Have you tried researching the manufacturer's website for a BIOS update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom