My Super Budget Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I'm building another computer just because. This computer will be for playing low quality games, surfing the net, downloading stuff, catching viruses... Well, at least it's gonna be better than my previous computer, with 1.47GHz and 256MB ram...Socket A...

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2.4GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - OEM

MOBO:
Customer Reviews Of MSI K8N Neo4-F ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

RAM:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

HDD:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD400JD 40GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

GPU:
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N436-LX GeForce 7300GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

PSU:
I dunno...someone recommend me one.

Price: $261 + PSU = ???

can this computer get any cheaper?

i was gonna get socket 939 because it was cheaper..

i wish i could stay under 280 if possible..

doesn't really have to be a fast computer.

You mean add a hard drive, DVD burner, AND a power supply. No way should he use the one included.

whats wrong with the psu included in that barebone? I don't see why money should be wasted on a seperate psu

edit: also are those "barebone" systems come with all that stuff already installed, mobo,psu, processor etc?

No it's not already installed. It's just a bunch of parts, and you have to put it together.

99% of power supplies included with cases, are very unreliable. They are likely to fail, and can potentially take down your whole system.

"Don't skimp on thy power supply."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom