I'll be ordering my parts on the 22nd, this is my tentative rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've got it switched out for the Corsair now. Oh does anyone else have opinions on the Acer 22" LCD? I had looked at a few times and kinitex just reminded me of it again.

nice build, Im getting very similar mostly except higher end PSU, HD, and case. I gotta say I went and personally saw the antec 900 at frys and was extremely dissapointed at the build quality. Just feel the side of the case...it bends like cheap plastic. Sure the airflow is probably really good from the reviews I read, but that still doesn't help it feeling really crappy. The NZXT Zero is far superior in my opinion.

Acer makes quality LCD's for sure, but if you can afford it I would still take a samsung over an acer.

I'm trying for as nice a system as I can for around the $1500-$1600 price range. It's going to be used for Gaming, Photo editing, Video editing, and Audio editing, possibly some Animation and 3D modeling. I don't know if this will help direct suggestions or not.

Getting 2 sets of that RAM kit, will benefit your editing and modeling, purposes.

Getting 2 sets of that RAM kit, will benefit your editing and modeling, purposes.

Yeh 4GB of ram and the Q6600 will really help with video editing and 3D stuff. I do stuff in CAD, Photoshop, 3Ds Max and it has really helped.

In a 3Ds Max benchmark the Q6600 had a ~40% faster rendering time comprared with the E6600. So the quad is really worth it for that kind of stuff!

Yeh 4GB of ram and the Q6600 will really help with video editing and 3D stuff. I do stuff in CAD, Photoshop, 3Ds Max and it has really helped.

In a 3Ds Max benchmark the Q6600 had a ~40% faster rendering time comprared with the E6600. So the quad is really worth it for that kind of stuff!

Awesome! Anything is going to be an insane improvement over what I'm currently on.

# AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz processor
# 768MB of PC2700 RAM
# 128MB ATI Xpress 200m video (dedicated memory)
# 8x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW drive
# 15.4" wide screen (no BrightView)
# 40 GB 4,200 RPM Hard Drive
# Windows XP Professional

An HP Pavilion zv6000 laptop.

don't know if anyone mentioned it but you might wanna look into a Tuniq 120 HSF

i ordered a AF7 for my q6600, then ppl on here said it might not be enough for OC'ing

also your build is almost identical to mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom