what kind of upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coasterama

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I need a computer upgrade, i have an nvidia geforce 5200 ultra 256 mb spec adition, combined 168 gigabytes of space, 512 megs of ram, intel pentium 4 and a sound blaster audigy card. I want to know what upgrade will best suit me, i dont wanna touch the sound card or graphics card, i was looking at intel chipsets but the new 925X are not out yet(so i heard) if they are where can i get them and if not what can i upgrade to see a boost in preformence, and i mean a big boost. And no im not gonna go buy a new computer.

what if i had one 256 mb ram stick and put another 1 gig in would that screw things up or would i be okay?:confused:

well no it would work fine. It would be faster if you did 3 other 256mb sticks i think. I think dual channel can work with 4 too. Im not sure.

i dont have as many slots to do that i have 2 slots taken up and only have 1 more, how can i install more slots,and if i do how expensive is it? also how do i know if a stick of ram is compatible with my computer

you got this all wrong you dont need mermory just have about 512 that will be good but if you want a huge difference tthen dont upgrade the ram thats the wrong thing to do if you want a huge diff then you will want a new graphics card because if you get the latest one and it will be as much or cheaper then that pentium thats not out yet it might even make a bigger diff then that because the graphics is the biggest diff maker go with the 5700 ultra if your low on money you will see a huge diff ;)

okay cool thanks, i aslo will have 2 nvidia geforce 4 mx 64 megs how much do u think i could get for those (if anything)

This nvidia geforce 4 mx 64 megs out of date already, better not to waste money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom