CPU and other temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwrx

In Runtime
I don't have a fan controller or anything that has a temperature probe, but I was wondering if there was a way to find the temperature of my cpu and maybe other things like my hard drive, chipset, video card, ect. I didn't know if there was software you could download for this or if there's a way with windows to find the temps. Thanks!

Well I got it installed, and ran CPUID to figure out which motherboard was in this computer, and I found one very similar to it in the list for MBM. I have the Intel D815EEA and the clostest thing on their list was the D815EEAL. I guess the L makes a big difference though because I can't get anything to read. Does anyone else know of any other programs like this that might work? Thanks!

once you install MBM you have to configure your sensors. go to high/low and it will show you how many sensors are on your board. then go to the temperatures> MBM 5 sensor and select cpu. under that, @ "should display board sensor" and select one of the sensors. do the same for the diferent sensors then go back to high/low and see what the temps are running. also see one of my threads http://www.tech-heaven.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=20169

I followed the steps in the read me section and still couldn't get it to work. When there were the two drop down menus, I could select CPU at the top, and then in the bottom one it would only say "none" or "custom". My other choices for the top were Case and then sensors 3-30. None of them had any of the actual sesors in my computer, just the options of custom or none. Maybe my motherboard is just too old or something. Thanks for your help.

Oh, and if I go to the high/low page of it, it says everything listed is at 32 degrees *Farenheit* so obviously that's not right either... I'm lost as to what to do.

My CPU must not have a sensor in it or something (or it's too old to work with this software), I installed that second program you listed, and the only thing I can get a temp for is my hard drive. My computer is aging... but I didn't think it was that old. It's a pentium III 1 ghz. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my new computer for this stuff to work. Thanks a ton for all of your help with everything though, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom