Athlon X2 6000+ not that much slower than E6600 for 50 bucks less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys you need to wait for couple of days for the prices to lower to Intel's MSRP.

The Q6600 has already began the drop going from $480 to $455 on newegg
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

And its $399 at ZipZoomFly right now.
Intel Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core Processor 2.4GHz 1066 MHz LGA775 8MB cache Retail at ZipZoomfly

I can grab a e6420 or even a e6320 and OC it to the same speeds for $50-$100 less.

Intel's Core 2 Duo E6750 processor - The Tech Report - Page 14

According to that review ^^ E6750 can be overclocked to 3.6GHz with stock cooler. I don't think you can easily overclock E6300 to that speed.....

Guys you need to wait for couple of days for the prices to lower to Intel's MSRP.

Those prices are for 1k units not for single unit retails.

Intel's Core 2 Duo E6750 processor - The Tech Report - Page 14

According to that review ^^ E6750 can be overclocked to 3.6GHz with stock cooler. I don't think you can easily overclock E6300 to that speed.....

First off I said a e6420 or a e6320 so before you try to compare get the facts straight.

As for stock cooler you are correct (to a point). By that I mean the e6750s that have been tested and report those speeds are most likely the "Cream of the Crop" chips that Intel sent out. I am not saying that some of those chips will not hit 3.6 on stock, I am simply saying that is the exception and not the norm. We will not know who is right or wrong until more people get them and start reporting their overclocks.

Neither the e6320 nor the e6420 will reach that high of an OC with stock cooling but I should have elaborated more in my statement and stated with an aftermarket HSF. Whether it's 3.2-3.7 on a e6320/e6420 or its 3.4-3.9(only repoprted on prototype chips not normal retail) on a e6750 the speed difference is not significant enough to justify the extra $50-$100 extra.

This is my personal opinion based on the reading/research I have done and is by no means the gospel.

I was hoping the prices would be lower but you take what you can get. There interesting thing is Barcelona will be out soon and I am anxious to see hwo it goes against the intel chips.

it better be good :) cuz we need the competition................... keeping the prices low... :)

I was hoping the prices would be lower but you take what you can get. There interesting thing is Barcelona will be out soon and I am anxious to see hwo it goes against the intel chips.

this is what i think barcelona will be to the intel chips:

hammer.png

or, if you prefer:

mc-hammer.jpg

lol

heh but it'll just be the battle for higher clocks speeds again if this keeps up. Then the next generation, one company will reduce their clock speeds making it do more in a cycle like in Intel's postion right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom