Installing xp right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
Im installing xp in the last system in my specs right now. The cpu is running at 45 degrees idle? Is that okay? I put a thin layer of arctic silver 5.

Okay I have another question im using 2 drives right now. Ones a yamaha cdrw the other is some dvd rom. In both drives when putting a disc in for like 2 mins it will just spin fast stop spin fast then stop and do that for like 2 mins untill it does something. Why is this. I am gonna order a sony cd rw anyway but why is it doing this. I have a lot of drivers to install and I cant go through that every time.

First, make sure that your drives are using DMA. This can be checked by going into your Device Manager, expanding Ide Controllers, and checking the advanced properties of all your IDE channels. Make sure the transfer mode is on 'DMA if available'.

Other than this all i can think of is that there is a program in the background hogging your drive when u first put a cd in. However since u have just done a fresh install, this is unlikely. (the fact that both drives do it points to the fact that its not a problem with the actual drive, and you will probably have the problem whether you get a new one or not)

Well i switched the drive with one from my computer and then it worked fine. Now i got questions on tests to run. What is the tests i need to run and where can i download them. I heard like prime95 and memtest or something like that?
Thanks

It seems like their is something wrong with the computer. Im quite sure what it is. Right now im running memtest86 but the computer seems slow. I cant find how to load the ati 9600se drivers. I did all the software install from the disc but no where can i find that im supposed to install drivers. When try to open hyravision it wont let me because the drivers are not their.

boot into your bios and enable AGP VGA card .Make sure your other settings are correct .Try that ,you may have to reinstall your video card.

Ah i got it now. made all the difference in the world. I just downloaded from the site. I also disabled trying to boot from usb because that makes a black screen with a cursor come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom