Rate My PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
GameGURU said:
The 9800 XT is a nice enough card, you wont have to worry for a year or two...

Im not so sure about that 2 years deal because by then the x800 xt will be outdated because of the 6800s pixel shader 3.0 so youll be cool for about 18 months

Yeah and I doubt it will be as fast as it would be if it was completely home-built... Dell's "Special" parts sometimes have lowered performance.

the X800's aren't much behind the 6800's, there is actually very little difference in image quality for most games between shader 2.0 and 3.0
in benchmarks there is very little difference; the 6800 performs better in some tests, and the X800 in others

I think the X800 is a better card because
* it looks better
*it only takes up the one slot
* it uses less power
* it runs cooler, so it doesn't need the big "vacum cleaner" like the 6800 has
* they are less expensive

if you get a chance, try and put in an X800

lol.. it's a dell? can this thread be closed now? I mean that sincerely =)

BIG_AIZZLE said:
Im not so sure about that 2 years deal because by then the x800 xt will be outdated because of the 6800s pixel shader 3.0 so youll be cool for about 18 months

Why do people have to prove others wrong.. "but seriously guys.. it's not 10:30pm!.. it's 10:29pm.. geeze!" Either way.. the 9800xt performs well and it shall even 2 years from now.. but you will really want to consider buying a new videocard at that time.. most of the games will be pushing hard on that card...

Demalii said:
Why do people have to prove others wrong.. "but seriously guys.. it's not 10:30pm!.. it's 10:29pm.. geeze!" Either way.. the 9800xt performs well and it shall even 2 years from now.. but you will really want to consider buying a new videocard at that time.. most of the games will be pushing hard on that card... [/B]
^^ditto^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom