Sound card vs. Integrated sound on p35-ds3r MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Is the integrated sound on the p35-ds3r any good? Does anyone have this board and can give some input about the integrated sound?

I'm trying to decide if I should get a sound card. I also have a Logitech x230 2.1 speakers, they aren't great, but decent.

I know sound cards are useless if your speakers suck and vice versa. So would the sound quality of a Logitech x230 with a p35-ds3r integrated sound be good quality?

I was thinking about a CHEAP sound card (something from creative around $50), nothing expensive.... so if a cheap sound card doesn't make a difference then I guess I'll use integrated sound. Expensive sound card + cheap speakers would be stupid.

Adding a sound card is always going to improve audio quality even if the card is cheap (to a reasonable degree) but most people are happy with onboard it works well. mainly audiophiles get soundcards for the average joe its better to spend th money on a nicer graphics card/cpu

not much of a difference if ur not an audio phile, pick up one of em' creative audigy SE's

most MB's now have 7.1 high def. audio so its actually pretty good for standard. but of course a sound card is gonan improve alot. and those speakers u got are actually fairly decent. me myself i love clear crisp 3d sound so i have x-fi and affordable x-530 5.1 speakers.

OnlyCurious, if youre really concerned about sound quality, here's what you do:

use the optical out from the mobo and plug that into an audio receiver then run some bookshelves (and a sub if you want) out from the receiver. I guarantee even moderately priced bookshelf speakers will sound better than 90% of any soundcard/comp speakers combo. I'm not sure if that's feasible for you, but just a thought. Feel free to PM me with any other questions if youre interested.

Sorry, just saw the ds3r ALSO has digital coax out in addition to optical out........so you're set.

OnlyCurious, if youre really concerned about sound quality, here's what you do:

use the optical out from the mobo and plug that into an audio receiver then run some bookshelves (and a sub if you want) out from the receiver. I guarantee even moderately priced bookshelf speakers will sound better than 90% of any soundcard/comp speakers combo. I'm not sure if that's feasible for you, but just a thought. Feel free to PM me with any other questions if youre interested.

Sorry, just saw the ds3r ALSO has digital coax out in addition to optical out........so you're set.

Exactly what I'm doing. I'm running my old school rig (one in my sig), through a receiver, then into two big home theater speakers with a sub. It sounds much better then my buddies 5.1 logitech surround with an audigy sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom