e6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking on other websites and checking prices around the web and it's pretty much the same all around.

E6550 = $190ish
E6750 = $220ish
E6850 = $280ish

The $266 price that everyone is quoting as MSRP is NOT MSRP. (Source: http://www.intel.com/intel/finance/p...price_list.pdf Note that it says, right at the top, 1Ku Tray Units). This is to say, that $266 price is for each chip, if you buy directly from Intel, in quantities of 1000 or more, and for OEM chips. Ergo, it is absolutely, positively, NOT MSRP for the retail boxed chips.

This pdf is from 1 July and does not reflect the new e6x50 chips. As soon as I get ahold of the 22 July pdf I'll post it.

The $266 price that everyone is quoting as MSRP is NOT MSRP. (Source: http://www.intel.com/intel/finance/p...price_list.pdf Note that it says, right at the top, 1Ku Tray Units). This is to say, that $266 price is for each chip, if you buy directly from Intel, in quantities of 1000 or more, and for OEM chips. Ergo, it is absolutely, positively, NOT MSRP for the retail boxed chips.

This pdf is from 1 July and does not reflect the new e6x50 chips. As soon as I get ahold of the 22 July pdf I'll post it.

err..... that stinks badly and yet so many ppl were looking forward to awesome build for the price

man the e6750 are out here in australia already. have been for like 3-4 days now. they are bout 260 i think. which makes about 210 usa
or 200 maybe 190

Well, I'm gonna keep holding my breath for the 22nd, but even if these are going to be the prices for a while, I'm still gonna buy cause, though it won't be as big of a price break, the 6700 at $310 (currently) vs the 6750 ($220 so they say now) is still a good price. Lets just hope we are wrong :(

man the e6750 are out here in australia already. have been for like 3-4 days now. they are bout 260 i think. which makes about 210 usa
or 200 maybe 190

Hmm, makes it about $215 US at current exchange rate... although we do normally have a little more on top of the (tax maybe?) so i would say $200-210 US.

Well, I'm gonna keep holding my breath for the 22nd, but even if these are going to be the prices for a while, I'm still gonna buy cause, though it won't be as big of a price break, the 6700 at $310 (currently) vs the 6750 ($220 so they say now) is still a good price. Lets just hope we are wrong :(

I would say the e6750 is closer to the e6600 than the e6700. So the difference in price is minimal, maybe $20-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom