amd users..enlighten me pls....

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
okay...my problem is most ppl says that the turion x2 is used to compete with the c2d...but now i have a athlon x2 64 on another laptop...how do i check whether it is a desktop processor cause under amd mobile chips,there is no athlon in it...

Look up your specs online. It should (hopefully) tell you. you can also try running Everest.

yeah look specs of ur laptop online. or try running different software that will tell u ur cpu info eg cpu-z

okay.i just got the info...the athlon x2 64(codename "tyler" on the laptop outside are actually the later batch of the turion 64x2(codename "taylor"..the turion 64x2 uses 90nm whereas the athlon x2 64 uses 65nm which saves more on the battery.the athlon chip also supports rams 800mhz while the turion 64x2 sticks to the old 667mhz frequency..

okay...my problem is most ppl says that the turion x2 is used to compete with the c2d...but now i have a athlon x2 64 on another laptop...how do i check whether it is a desktop processor cause under amd mobile chips,there is no athlon in it...

The 'AMD Athlon 64 X2' is a dual core desktop processor. However, 'Mobile AMD Athlon 64' processors do exist, but they are only single core.

Mobile versions also exist for the older 32 bit 'AMD Athlon XP' processors. They are 'AMD Mobile Athlon XP' and 'AMD Athlon XP-M'.

'AMD Turion 64' processors are AMD's latest mobile processors.

okay.i just got the info...the athlon x2 64(codename "tyler" on the laptop outside are actually the later batch of the turion 64x2(codename "taylor"..the turion 64x2 uses 90nm whereas the athlon x2 64 uses 65nm which saves more on the battery.the athlon chip also supports rams 800mhz while the turion 64x2 sticks to the old 667mhz frequency..

'AMD Turion 64 X2' processors are available in both 90nm and 65nm.

'AMD Athlon 64 X2' processors are also available in both 90nm and 65nm.

Just because the 65nm manufacturing process is smaller, it doesn't mean that 65nm chips will consume less power than 90nm chips. 'AMD Turion 64 X2' processors are low-power mobile processors which, compared to AMD Athlon 64 X2 processors (desktop processors), have lower voltages and thermal design power ratings.

Ideally, you do not want a desktop processor in a laptop if you want it to remain cool and to have an adequate battery runtime.

alvin dude,athlon x2 does exist in the mobile family..the info is taken from wikipedia

AMD first produced the Turion 64 X2 on IBM's 90 nm Silicon on insulator (SOI) process (cores with the Taylor codename). As of May 2007, they have switched to a 65 nm Silicon-Germanium stressed process[citation needed], which was recently achieved through the combined effort of IBM and AMD, with 40% improvement over comparable 65 nm processes[citation needed]. The earlier 90 nm devices were codenamed Taylor and Trinidad, while the newer 65 nm cores have codename Tyler.

alvin dude,athlon x2 does exist in the mobile family..the info is taken from wikipedia

AMD first produced the Turion 64 X2 on IBM's 90 nm Silicon on insulator (SOI) process (cores with the Taylor codename). As of May 2007, they have switched to a 65 nm Silicon-Germanium stressed process[citation needed], which was recently achieved through the combined effort of IBM and AMD, with 40% improvement over comparable 65 nm processes[citation needed]. The earlier 90 nm devices were codenamed Taylor and Trinidad, while the newer 65 nm cores have codename Tyler.

No they don't. 'AMD Athlon 64 X2' is a desktop processor. There are no mobile versions of 'AMD Athlon 64 X2' processors, only mobile versions of the 'AMD Athlon 64' processor as stated previously.

'Athlon' and 'Turion 64' are both different brands. 'AMD Turion 64 X2' is a mobile processor. It is not the same as an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor. It was developed after AMD Athlon XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom