Computer is shutting down for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy345

In Runtime
So in the last hour my computer started shutting down for no reason. Like completely off no freezing or anything just one second its on and then its off. The first time it happened i was playing a game. Then the second time i was just browsing the internet to see if it would happen again. And the 3rd time i just turned the computer on and let it sit their to see if it happened. I have no virus's or anything like that and my computer is not overheating. Does anyone know why this could be happening now?

My system temps are all good, all below 29C. No exposed wires or anything like that. I ran memtest for a few hours and got no errors. I tested the PSU with a Antec ATX12V PSU Tester and it passed.

Now it stopped happening last night. It happened five times and then stopped. And it just happened again right now. It happened while I was playing a game. So it was using a lot more power to power the psu and everything else correct? Compared to when I'm just surfing the net. Well when my air conditioner turned on from fan to cool my computer shut off. I noticed this happened twice but I wasn't paying attention the other times. Could it be possible that my computer isn't getting enough power because of everything I have running like the TV lights and air conditioner so it turns off. Is that possible? Because it's the only thing I can see being the reason as I don't see anything physically wrong and all tests I have done have had good results.

Yes it can be and that may be the problem. I had a similiar problem awhile back and I tried trial and error and I could not figure out the problem. Guess what it was? I had a power strip running off of another surge protector so basically it wasnt getting the power it needed. You should always run your computer off of a clean supply of power. Try plugging it up to the wall directly to see if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom