IDLE temps too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badboyzz77

Baseband Member
I have artic cooling freezer 7 pro installed on my E6420, and I also applied AS5 on it, and my idle temps is around 42C. When I'm playing World Of Warcraft it goes up to 53-55 degrees. Is this too high with artic freezer 7 pro?

And also I only overclocked it 25% (2.66GHZ).

Because of the temps too high I can't overclock over 2.66GHZ, I thought Artic Freezer 7 Pro is good for overclocking.

well obviously there is a difference between load and world of warcraft lol, try running a stress test like orthos to see if the temps are stable. I would say yes those are unusually high temps, 1. how much as5 did you put on? 2. is the heatsink fan aligned with the other case fans, ie are they both blowing/pulling in the same direction not opposite.

yeah the fans are align in the same direction, I put a line in the CPU with AS5 at first then later I took the HS out, I saw the AS5 wasn't covering all the CPU so I put a little more in it. When running Orthos in the beginning it gets hot around 57-60 degrees. When I tired to overclock it to 2.80GHZ it would get over 62 degrees and the comp frozed up.

yeah the fans are align in the same direction, I put a line in the CPU with AS5 at first then later I took the HS out, I saw the AS5 wasn't covering all the CPU so I put a little more in it. When running Orthos in the beginning it gets hot around 57-60 degrees. When I tired to overclock it to 2.80GHZ it would get over 62 degrees and the comp frozed up.

the as5 doesnt have to cover the cpu, just the middle part of it

IMO, I blame your new hsf. About a month ago, I installed the same hsf and all it did was increase my idle temps from 41c to 48c idle. I reapplied as5 2x and temps never dropped.
I sold the hsf on ebay and got my money back. I get better temps using stock hsf and oc'd at 3.4ghz.

IMO, I blame your new hsf. About a month ago, I installed the same hsf and all it did was increase my idle temps from 41c to 48c idle. I reapplied as5 2x and temps never dropped.
I sold the hsf on ebay and got my money back. I get better temps using stock hsf and oc'd at 3.4ghz.

Same here, I reapplied it about 2 times too and yeah stock cooler runs a little bit cooler than that Artic Cooling, because the fan runs faster on the stock cooler and it's a lot louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom