Someone Explain NVidia Drivers for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IfYouHaveToAsk

In Runtime
Hi

I've been an ATI person and never dealt with NVidia cards before.

I am getting a Dell Inspiron 1520 Notebook with the 8600m GT graphics card in it.

Now from sites such as LaptopVideo 2Go & NVIDIA Related News i am led to believe that you can use any Nvidia Forceware driver with any NVidia card as long as you use a modded INF file?

So basically you download the drivers, extract them to a folder then swap the INF file for a modded INF and use the setup wizard or use the "Have disk" method.

The reason i'm looking at doing this is because with the 8600M GT card being relatively new, new drivers are going to be necessary for it to show its true potential and i'm not convinced that Dell are going to be publishing "Dell Official" drivers for the 8600 on a regular basis.

Hello,

Nvidia graphics drivers are based on a unified driver architecture. It means that one Nvidia ForceWare package will support a range of Nvidia graphics cards. However, not that not all Nvidia ForceWare versions support all graphics cards (for example, newer versions may not support older graphics cards).

All you need to do is download and install the Nvidia ForceWare version compatible with your GPU series (GeForce 8 Series). At present time, it is:

Nvidia ForceWare Release 158 Version 158.22 Release Date: May 17, 2007

As Raze664 said.

look at omega drivers, pretty great from what i experienced, really great with the ATI's cuz their drivers stink period, i get better FPS with the Omega's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom