Processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between 2.0 and 2.2, is barely noticeable...but you'll notice a big difference, coming from a 3400+. The cache doesn't make much difference either, only in some applications, I believe....like encoding.

Get the OEM X2 3800+, and the cooler I suggested earlier.

Ummm theres another problem now.
I just called best buy right now and asked the guy if my mobo supports dual core and he said no....so i guess i have no choice but to buy a new mobo.

Now if i buy a new mobo i will probably oc if possible. And if im oc is the opty 165 the best? if it is could you guys suggest me in a cheap mobo that is reliable.
I dont mind refurbished or 2nd hand, and long as its reliable and if it will be able to oc to atlease from 1.8 t to 2.0 or 2.2 easily without any risks.

Ummm theres another problem now.
I just called best buy right now and asked the guy if my mobo supports dual core and he said no....so i guess i have no choice but to buy a new mobo.

Now if i buy a new mobo i will probably oc if possible. And if im oc is the opty 165 the best? if it is could you guys suggest me in a cheap mobo that is reliable.
I dont mind refurbished or 2nd hand, and long as its reliable and if it will be able to oc to atlease from 1.8 t to 2.0 or 2.2 easily without any risks.
I found your motherboard in your other thread, and it says it does support dual core. Just not the Opteron's.

well i guess best buy are just liars.
but ill buy a new mobo so it can support opterons and oc it. Can you suggest me which one to get. I posted a thread for it too.

seriously.... go into a best buy PC store and start throwing out words related to PC's and they get confused, then they quit, u walk away with a smile in messing with some1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom