help choosing a MB for Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh im not sure if Core temp is what you as an Athlon user should be using...i've always only heard it being used with Core 2 Duos lol.

try speedfan that really good. also since u have a factory built pc. ie hp. u wont be able to access the bios and o/c

I am using speedfan, and it says that I am running temps at around 48-52c idle. These match the bios readings. under load, (i.e. GRAW again), i get 68-69c, at 69c my graphics always freezes up, computer still runs, as i can alt-tab out, and the graphic for desktop is fine. strange thing is that according to Nvidia's graphics card reader, I never get to the yellow tempeture warning, alwas in green. but also, graw is having problems, its the only game I've run that has had problems, and it crashes on load alot. so I don't think its all temp related.

As far as overclocking... I am using a Systemax computer and I am able to change the clock speed in the bios, the apg clock speed, and memory timings. I believe that I will be able to overclock. I can adjust cpu clock from 200->250. I don't see multiplier though...

The multiplier is probably locked, which is ok, just crank the fsb a little at a time, see what happens until it can't post, that's when you mess with other stuff

Ok, I was fiddling with the over clocking, and I was jumping 5 mhz at a time on the FSB, and this is what I did.
moved fsb 200-> 205
booted fine to windows
moved fsb 205->210
booted fine to windows, notice temps increase a little
moved fsb 210-215
blue screen dealth, rebooted to fast to read.
moved fsb 215-> 210
booted fine
moved fsb 210->215 (fluke testing)
blue screen of death, again, rebooted to fast to read.
moved fsb 215->210
current setting

Any suggestinos?

rx7i2: you said move up until it wouldn't post, well it posted fine at 215, however, windows died. have you run into this?

Thanks for your continued support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom