have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_man17

Solid State Member
well ive got this junkie compaq S4200nx(2.6ghz celeron) (using now) and I have
a motherboard/w pentium4 processor. i would like to swap into my current computer i know how to install it physically but ive read things like i have to do an XP repair or upgrade or something to that level i was wondering if there was a way around that because both computers Mine and the Motherboard/processor donor were both running windows XP home Sp2.

You can install Windows XP on any computer. This means that the processor/motherboard doesn't have to be the same and you can run them both at the same time with the same XP disc install. You just need to activate it which is really easy. No donor what-not required.

sorry i probably worded that off. Ok well I have the Stock Windows XP that came on my computer with no install disks. And im unsure of weather or not i can plug in my old hard drive to the new motherboard/processor and have it work. or will i have to go buy windows Xp?

OIC. If were to upgrade, a Windows repair or mostly likely a Windows format/reinstall would be necessary. Was the computer prebuilt, if so, what manufacture? Just go out and grab a cheap Windows XP Home disc for $89. Then you can install on everything.

ok, well the computer I want to put it in is a Compaq S4200NX and the Motherboard/processor is out of an HP. and yes both computers are prebuilt
ok ill get the window xp if thats what i gotta do

yeah im pretty sure they will fit just fine ill have to do some double checking.
and if worse comes to worse i do have an Aftermarket tower i can fit it in. there both ATX boards.

Wrong. If it won't fit in the Compaq, it might not fit in any aftermarket case. Since Dell have their own special boards. Just because it says ATX board doesn't mean the screw hole match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom