E6X50 on sale now at buy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot2011

In Runtime
As the topic states, looks like they have some in stock and selling now. Price are as follows and they are selling out fast:

E6550 is $203.99
E6750 is $227.99
E6850 is $319.99

Looks like the pricing was a bit off which was one of my concerns. The price list that Intel released was for bulk orders and it appears that the retail prices are a bit more. I really hope I am wrong though.

a litle high in price but thats expected with anew processors hopefully they will drop in price in a week or two

I will not hold my breath. The prices that were being thrown around are the bulk prices for 1000 units. If you purchase 1 CPU that will pretty much be the going price.

The way I see it now at that price it's more beneficial to just go with the E6420. Rather disappointing really, I was hoping to grab a E6750 for sub $200.

hmmm in this case if a q6600 really is $266 it is far more worth it since its only around 60 bucks more then a e6750

It seems like the only new cpu that will be sub $200 is the e6550. But that will still be pushing closer to the $200 range so I am almost sure now I am ordering the e6420.

I don't see how I can go wrong and I can always OC it to 3.2-3.6 with AF7 Pro so that seems like the best option for me anyways.

As the topic states, looks like they have some in stock and selling now. Price are as follows and they are selling out fast:

E6550 is $203.99
E6750 is $227.99
E6850 is $319.99

Looks like the pricing was a bit off which was one of my concerns. The price list that Intel released was for bulk orders and it appears that the retail prices are a bit more. I really hope I am wrong though.

Based on that pricing, I really don't see the prices of the Q's and EX's coming down all that much. Anything will be an improvement, but doubt it will be anything like what people have been speculating.

Nonetheless, I am sticking with my Q6600 decision for the simple reason I want to get everything I can out of all the upcoming software without another upgrade. Ive seen some great games in the pipeline and I just can't see spending approximately $200 for a chip now and then another $400+ for a new 45nm in 6 months or so.

The way I look at it is if I spend $1400 on a rig in August that works out to $116.66 per month for one year if I don't upgrade anything in that time. That is one of the most expensive monthly costs I have not counting my mortgage and car payment. Conversely, over 2 years, the monthly cost for the components comes down to a reasonable $58.33. So at that point, I wouldn't feel so bad reinvesting some more money for the latest cpu/gpu/ram, etc.

Guess I am just saying I want to get a system that will be fully capable for as long as possible to keep that monthly expenditure as low as possible and still give me a fun computing experience...Now that I think about it, maybe I should run my CAD on this thing and write it off as a business expense, rofl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom