serious performance issues.help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrs

Baseband Member
Ok, i did put up a post a few weeks back complaining about my pc running slow. It now appears to be getting worse. it used to be just on video playback but now its working like your trying to use XP on incapable hardware.

My setup is. Epia REV-D 1ghz mini-itx motherboard, 512mb pc133 ram, Brand new 80gb segate momentus 2.5" hdd, 1 usb 2.0 pci card, onboard graphics and sound.

i have a few extra programs running like realplayer,avg,msn etc, and programs for my touch-screen, but nothing that should greatly effect performance.

i installed a fresh copy of XP the other day when i got me new hard disk, and for the 1st couple of days it was booting up in about 40sec.. but now its taking almost double that and the general performance of it has gone down hill.

there is no software installed on there that i havn't installed on any of my other computers, and they all work fine.

here is some data to look at :

bootvis.jpg

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 23:14:31, on 15/07/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\Program Files\KMaestro\KMaestro.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
D:\Program Files\TouchKit\xTouchMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOM~1\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE
d:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = ftp://ryanrs.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = Firefox - Rediscover the Web
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - d:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BtcMaestro] "d:\Program Files\KMaestro\KMaestro.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xTouchMon] d:\Program Files\TouchKit\xTouchMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClearTKHandle] d:\Program Files\TouchKit\ClearTKHandle.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - d:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - D:\Program Files\WIDCOMMDRV\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Labtec Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

Any idea what it could be?? im seriously starting to think there is a fault with the motherboard!

512 is not much ram anymore... Also, Realplayer, in my opinion, loads alot of junk that can slow down computer. I noticed that your cpu is running at 100% alot, you don't have AVG doing a scan in the background do you? AVG normally does a startup scan that will probably take aprox 20-30 minutes, maybe more depending on drive size, and cpu usage.

also, you didn't say, but did you get all the updates from windows? spyware/viruses jump quickly on an unprotected machine. I took and downloaded all my anti-virus/spyware programs onto a flash drive, then re-installed windows, then put them back on because connecting to the internet last time I put windows on from scratch.

I also noticed that my machine did perform quicker the first few days as well, but soon found that it was just my spydoctor and norton AV running scans.

well, i have checked all the above as mentioned, no difference what so ever! i also unplugged a xp-bootable HDD from another of my computers that run perfect, and plugged that into my mini itx, but even the OS on that ran crap!

i am 100% sure its not down to spywear / viruses and not programs like realplayer , avg etc etc.

it has to be driver related, onboard video or sound?? or a fault with the motherboard..

1 thing i noticed the other day, i switched off the pc, removed the PCI card, to gain access to see if anything was loose, then when i plugged the PCI card back in, the computer turned its self on!!

um.. I hope you are not working on your case with the power plugged in. Anyway, check the power switch, I broke mine just the other day while putting the case back together....

A hard drive that is from machine 1 plugged into machine 2 with different parts, (especially if its a different mb), will experience problems and slow downs anyway.

One thing that might be, is if your power supply is not powerful enough, it could be slowing the computer down by not providing enough amps.

you could check to see if your other machine has a higher amperage, (watts is a quick check, most higher watts have better amps), power supply and correct motherboard connections then try it. When I put in a new graphics card in my machine, it experienced about a 50% slow-down until I dropped in a higher powered power supply. (moved from a 350->430), and it ran fine after that.

I would try the psu first. (it should be a free quick check if you have a better one laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom