Hardest decision for July 22nd builders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really need to stop nitpicking on such small things.

Buy either of those CPU's. They will both be more then enough to handle anything for the next few years.

I'm so tired of reading the word, "Overclocking".

I bet most of you don't even overclock or even know how. And if you do know how, you have nothing but problems. I bet most of you don't even have an overclocked PC right now....

Pathetic.

I do Opty 165 running @ 2.2ghz stable.

I too am still deciding whether i want to spend the extra $80 on a q6600 or just get the e6750

its a pretty tough decision. i keep going back and forth on each one.

i've made my decision on the e6750
i will probably never use 4 cores and would rather take the extra speed with 6750, plus i'm saving $70 i can use for cooling my chipset + proc

Please keep in mind the prices that I saw were only pre-release prices. For all we know the actual price could be the $183 that Intel put in the pricing plan. Than again all the prices they put in the plan could be off by $50-$100. We won't know until they actually hit the streets this week.

I have been sitting here thinking that if the e6750 is going to be hard to get ahold of I may end up grabbing the e6420. Either way I cannot go wrong as they will both OC very well and I plan to upgrade to the Penryn in the future so not overly stressed which way I go. Whether I get 3.2ghz or 3.8ghz it's not that significant of a difference. Who knows if the price for the e6750 isn't sub $200 than I wouldn't be in such bad shape with the e6420.

Just my way of saying we know that the e6420 or even the 6320 will OC very nice on air cooling from the AF7 Pro. All we have are some tests on chips that Intel sent to testers which might very well be different from what they actually release to the public. Until there are some mainstream OCs we can only speculate how well the e6750 will do.

Guess I am playing devil's advocate now.

I just got the thermalright ultra 120. I'll let you guys know about the QC.

now...how do I overclock?

You guys really need to stop nitpicking on such small things.

Buy either of those CPU's. They will both be more then enough to handle anything for the next few years.

I'm so tired of reading the word, "Overclocking".

I bet most of you don't even overclock or even know how. And if you do know how, you have nothing but problems. I bet most of you don't even have an overclocked PC right now....

Pathetic.

Uh...you do know overclocking is very easy now adays, in fact the P5N-E motherboards have an autooverclock option with percentages, its only when you overclock real high and have to start messing with the voltages do things get a bit complicated. Your flames of all of us are very unappreciated, everyone is just trying to get the best value for their expensive processors, if you don't like it then I'd appreciate if you not insult us for our economically aware decisions.

I too am still deciding whether i want to spend the extra $80 on a q6600 or just get the e6750

its a pretty tough decision. i keep going back and forth on each one.

LOL same here! I think this was a very productive thread :p

My current situation:

70% leaning towards the q6600...although people say just get a e6750 and get a penryn when it comes out...I mean I'm obviously not going to switch processors in 6+ months...thats not economically feasible, ill have to keep the e6750 for at least 2 years if I get it..and who knows how many quad core games will come out

LOL same here! I think this was a very productive thread :p

My current situation:

70% leaning towards the q6600...although people say just get a e6750 and get a penryn when it comes out...I mean I'm obviously not going to switch processors in 6+ months...thats not economically feasible, ill have to keep the e6750 for at least 2 years if I get it..and who knows how many quad core games will come out

me, i think imma grab the quad core. simply because i have like 80 different programs running at once usually. half the time it will freeze my current dell, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom