How to hide programs running in the taskbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
How do I hide programs running in the taskbar? Specifically the wireless internet connection or LAN icon thats saying your connected to the internet?

Start Menu>Network Connections>[Network in question]>Right Click>Properties>[Uncheck] Show icon in notification area when connected.

Thats one part down. Now i have this icon from my ISP, Bellsouth, that shows the green bars that I'm connected to the network with the amount of speed. Any ideas on how to remove this icon? I think i might have to go deeper than just changing the settings since I clicked on the icon and there aren't any options to remove it. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I can provide a screenshot.

It needs to be running so I can be online.

I want it hidden so no one will know that there is internet in my computer.

Is there a launcher for that program in your start menu somewhere? Sometimes the icons in the sys-tool area don't show options, but opening up a config window from the start menu, (or install location on disk), will have an option that will take it away.

As for not wanting others to see your online... I agree with saltynay that most people would just open a web browser, (that is what I would do anyway).

If you just don't like seeing it in the system tray, you can always Manually force it to "hide" (while this just places it so that you have to click the arrow to see, it does get it out of sight.) to do this just adjust the configs in the taskbar panel. (right click on taskbar, properties, then in the customize by the "hide inactive icons" box, you can set it to "always hide"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom