What is the smallest hard drive you can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great idea and they are quite small arn't they. Man why haven't we got junkyards for broken electronics

LOL I got the lappy from curries that i am using now ex display for £75 Advent 7086 before you ask.

I was considering going to a computer fair next Wednesday I will see what I can find there.

sorry I can't I randomly found a shop one day whilst looking for my ultimate mini-itx build and they had all sorts I think 4gb was the standard and then you had to jump quite a bit in price for a 8gb version. Have you thought about cannabilising a dis-functional ipod nano?

there were also 1.5" models which went upto 32gb
iPod nanos don't have mechanical drives, they have solid state flash chips soldered onto the board.

Are they? Well I guess if they are cheep I could use one, can u separate them from the board? if not what would you recommend?

There are 1.8" HDs used in Mp3 players. You'd need an adapater to use normal IDE, though, I think.

Could also use SD cards. Or get a dongle style USB stick if you want smamer.

I thought about that but the largest drive I can find that is affordable is a segate 5gb pocket drive I alreay got one of them but I am not happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom