Upgrading Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
my mobo says it supports 1333FSB cpu's, but u have to manually adjust FSB for it to work...anytime something requires adjustments meaning that it's not fully compatible, and this is what i'm kinda worried about...i was planning on upgrading to a new quad core processor whether it be the q6600(which i know works with the p6n sli plat), or the newer quad cores (not sure if they work or not), and a video card...and i want to know if a made a mistake in buying the MSI P6N SLI Plat because of it's limited upgradability

on a side note, does g.skill make 4GB(2x2) HZ's? once the new service pack comes out i was gonna get vista 64bit and i hear that 2x2GB is better then 4x1GB

my mobo says it supports 1333FSB cpu's, but u have to manually adjust FSB for it to work...anytime something requires adjustments meaning that it's not fully compatible, and this is what i'm kinda worried about...i was planning on upgrading to a new quad core processor whether it be the q6600(which i know works with the p6n sli plat), or the newer quad cores (not sure if they work or not), and a video card...and i want to know if a made a mistake in buying the MSI P6N SLI Plat because of it's limited upgradability

on a side note, does g.skill make 4GB(2x2) HZ's? once the new service pack comes out i was gonna get vista 64bit and i hear that 2x2GB is better then 4x1GB

ya... the p6n has no support for future quad-cores, u'll have to pick up a p35-ds3r if u want it, just 1gb x 2 as far as i've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom