SATA: Which Should I Get: Seagate Or Western Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
rakesh_1024 said:
Seagates normally get f__ked up after about 18 months.
And to make matters worse they offer only 1yr warranty.:mad:
Here in India, we prefer Samsung.

Btw, my HDD is the second one.
Well I bought the first one when they USED to offer 3yr warranty.
Yeah, I got the replacement.
OMG that is only the second ever time I've heard of a Seagate drive die; I have heard of many MANY Western Digital's die but not Seagate.
this is what I know:
* everybody I know who use Seagate drives still own them after many years of operation, and are still working 100%
in fact Seagate's are about the best quality drives made, IMO better quality than WD

* seagate are the quietest ever 7200RPM drives, and they actually have a faster access time than Western Digital's

* Seagate make drives that truly run on SATA; in fact most brands are just using ATA133 and are emulating SATA, Seagate is one of a small handful of brands that make drives truly run on SATA.
emulating SATA for quite a lot of drives have proven unreliable, and data corruption can and has occured quite often

I do like Western Digital, and I'm not saying they're bad, but I think Seagate is a better drive

I have a 70 mb maxtor...I love maxtor, I always use them when I build computers. This ones been running in my vaio for about 3 years now. its nice and quiet.

I will prefer Western Digital bcosz of it stability, cheaper price, n 3 years warranty.

OMG that is only the second ever time I've heard of a Seagate drive die; I have heard of many MANY Western Digital's die but not Seagate.

I have seen many Seagates die.

Seagate people say that they are not getting considerable requests for replacement after the first year.
Then what the hell is the problem for them to offer a 3yr warranty.

Btw, I have absolutely no idea about Western Digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom