What is the smallest hard drive you can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
What is the smallest hard drive you can buy? not in terms of data storage but physically. I need a tiny hard drive and it must be light but Flash SSD drives are cost prohibitive and a little on the chunky side for what I have planed.

Are there any smaller than the 2.5in laptop hard drives? can you recommend any?

Can you reamber the name of it? and any one know if there is larger storage capacity's in that size?

sorry I can't I randomly found a shop one day whilst looking for my ultimate mini-itx build and they had all sorts I think 4gb was the standard and then you had to jump quite a bit in price for a 8gb version. Have you thought about cannabilising a dis-functional ipod nano?

there were also 1.5" models which went upto 32gb

Thanks for that, OT but any ideas if you can buy small laptop batteries and the PSU to go with it? I have a idea for a portable PC I would like to make and I am hoping to do it as cheep as I can and I need a Thin battery.

OH and Saltynay I left a read me for you in the laptop section did you see it?

don't think I did I have been away for the last 2 weeks can you post a link here please don't have time to search for it as I am packing to go away to the far east for 4-5 more weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom