New build....Whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
45nm chips are slated to come out early '08, and the performance is supposed to be reddiculous. G0 stepping is a step (haha) in the right direction, but I still wouldn't reccomend a q6600 for gaming. i mean, IMO, OC a q6600 to maybe 3.2ghz with some cooling, or an e6750 to.....who knows, prolly close to 4.0ghz which is obscene and probably realistic on a ds3r. the kentsfields are supposed to kick the crap out of the q6600, so i wouldnt waste my money on one now....just my thoughts though

okay...when do they not say a future product will kick the crap out of a previous product...you say early 2008 like thats just around the corner without realizing thats like more then 6 months away AT LEAST...I can't wait that long, the e6750 and q6600 is dirt cheap come July 22nd, makes more sense to get that now. If you wait for the next best deal in technology, you will be waiting all your life...just my thoughts though

I understand that difference completely. I still think the q6600 is a good chip until the next generation comes out.

dont get ddr1066 its overkill get gskill ddr800 2gb hz's. you can get to 1066 easy with o/cing. and there better than that ram for ur money

Ok I found the Corsair power supply with modular cables. I must have just looked over them earlier. I guess Ill go with the 620 to have some reserve.

As for the processer....Now I really dont know whtat to do with what everyone has brought up.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

okay...when do they not say a future product will kick the crap out of a previous product...you say early 2008 like thats just around the corner without realizing thats like more then 6 months away AT LEAST...I can't wait that long, the e6750 and q6600 is dirt cheap come July 22nd, makes more sense to get that now. If you wait for the next best deal in technology, you will be waiting all your life...just my thoughts though

Ok, gabb clearly you have not read all the previous posts thoroughly. What I'm suggesting is to get the e6750 now, and hold out for a quadcore till the Yorkfields come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom