When will it be safe to purchase Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
King$nake said:
Can someone explain what the biggest differences are between 32 and 64? Would I be better off with 64 bit with my system? (sig)

thats a nice question, the most easy way for me to explain is using broom sticks.

Okay lets say you and your friend are mopping the floors of your rooms. You and your friend mop and the same speed but you got a 64inch broom while your friend has a 32inch broom. You mop faster? not really but you mop more with less effort get it?

plumber4578 said:
wait 1 minute!!!!!! is vista going to be like windows 2000?????? I piece of poo just to hold us over for the next windows that's more solid? Now I'm scared; I just had a relapse to the time between 98 and XP

and wow you really think windows 2000 is that bad? i've been using Win2k Professional for 7 years and i found it way more stable than XP. I'm just upgrading Vista soon cuz its dual-core optimized. But really the safest time to buy vista is when the make SP1 so they got most of the bugs out.

^ agreed.
now is a good time. Microsoft basically stops caring about the previous OS as soon as they release a new one, and put all their efforts towards fixes and features into the new OS

I disagree with the "caring about their new OS" part, Vistas been out for more then 7 months and I haven't even seen much an improvement, still horrible driver support.

I wonder just how long it will take software manufacturers to make the switch to 64bit. I mean, 64bit has been around for a long, long time; forever in servers, and for quite a while now desktops have supported it. What really irks me is when I buy a 64bit compatable processor (which probably upped the cost) and the processor is outdated before x64 software is widely supported. That happened with my last processor, and I am confident that I will see the reign of the E6xxx line of Intel processors die before I ever run a 64 bit OS.

Same with Dual-Core. Everyone is using dual core now. Who really uses single cores in their machines? ...but why? The whole concept of Dual Core processors is multithreaded applications, (multitasking is a big deal as well, but the real area, as I see it, comes in multi-threading.), and yet, how many applications are being written with two threads? Very few.

...then we have Micro$oft churning out another worthless copy of other operating systems, still plagued with the same previous flaws as XP, yet it is a resource hog. So now we have to up the game, and buy better computers to run Vista, when all we're using our computing power for is simply the dam* OS!

If Vienna is not a complete re-write, scratch, brand new OS, I am done with Micro$oft forever, and if software programmers don't start multithreading their apps and taking advantage of the powerful hardware we have, I will never buy a quad core.

I could also rant on Videocards, but I have done enough for now. ;)

You know whats the worst part??! Most of the things you said if not all is true. Btw i really enjoy all this that you typed, next reply plz rant on Videocards this things not much people said it loud like you ;) ia a good thing that some people have their eyes open even in times like this.

and wow you really think windows 2000 is that bad? i've been using Win2k Professional for 7 years and i found it way more stable than XP. I'm just upgrading Vista soon cuz its dual-core optimized. But really the safest time to buy vista is when the make SP1 so they got most of the bugs out.

Im am still using 2000 on my work computer for the same reason. It is by far the best OS Miscrosoft has put out in years IMHO. I have fought with IT departments many times who have tried to replace that OS on my computer.

seriously.... b4 my friend gave me "his copy" of WinXP i had 2k and had been running for a while, i loved it... i think ur talking about "Windows ME is I piece of poo just to hold us over for the next windows that's more solid"

Well, I almost wish I didnt go through the effort of installing a pirated copy of Vista Ultimate x64 on my other harddrive.

I have a legit Vista Business x64 which i will probably install over it - but I always boot into XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom