New build....Whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you guys all recommending against a q6600? Its only like 80 dollars more then the e6750, and games are already starting to use quad core ( crysis, supcom, etc ). Not to mention it has that G0 stepping to help with temps. Who knows when the kentsfield or penryn will come out, or how much of a performance boost it will get.

Why are you guys all recommending against a q6600? Its only like 80 dollars more then the e6750, and games are already starting to use quad core ( crysis, supcom, etc ). Not to mention it has that G0 stepping to help with temps. Who knows when the kentsfield or penryn will come out, or how much of a performance boost it will get.

45nm chips are slated to come out early '08, and the performance is supposed to be reddiculous. G0 stepping is a step (haha) in the right direction, but I still wouldn't reccomend a q6600 for gaming. i mean, IMO, OC a q6600 to maybe 3.2ghz with some cooling, or an e6750 to.....who knows, prolly close to 4.0ghz which is obscene and probably realistic on a ds3r. the kentsfields are supposed to kick the crap out of the q6600, so i wouldnt waste my money on one now....just my thoughts though

45nm chips are slated to come out early '08, and the performance is supposed to be reddiculous. G0 stepping is a step (haha) in the right direction, but I still wouldn't reccomend a q6600 for gaming. i mean, IMO, OC a q6600 to maybe 3.2ghz with some cooling, or an e6750 to.....who knows, prolly close to 4.0ghz which is obscene and probably realistic on a ds3r. the PENRYNS's are supposed to kick the crap out of the q6600, so i wouldnt waste my money on one now....just my thoughts though

u mean...........

45nm chips are slated to come out early '08, and the performance is supposed to be reddiculous. G0 stepping is a step (haha) in the right direction, but I still wouldn't reccomend a q6600 for gaming. i mean, IMO, OC a q6600 to maybe 3.2ghz with some cooling, or an e6750 to.....who knows, prolly close to 4.0ghz which is obscene and probably realistic on a ds3r. the kentsfields are supposed to kick the crap out of the q6600, so i wouldnt waste my money on one now....just my thoughts though

Kentsfield is a q6600.

And i have doubts about how good penryn will be. Just cause its 45nm doesnt mean the performance increase will be that much, just that the heat will be less, and less power needed.

Kentsfield is a q6600.

And i have doubts about how good penryn will be. Just cause its 45nm doesnt mean the performance increase will be that much, just that the heat will be less, and less power needed.

????

yes i agree about the 45nm but what riznarf is saying a Kentsfield beats a q6600... when the q6600 is Kentsfield

Isn't that the Q6600 isn't good is just that well... sure its having a price drop soon but more or less that Quad-core still 2 E6600 in one "die" which pretty much when not using the "four cores" will run just like a E6600 sometimes a little slower but thats what some benchmarks shows. Imo I prefer to wait a little more for Quad-core, sure there are games that are coming out this year that will use it but most likely by the times goes price on quad-core should drop more.. there is no need for them now but thats just what I think.

Isn't that the Q6600 isn't good is just that well... sure its having a price drop soon but more or less that Quad-core still 2 E6600 in one "die" which pretty much when not using the "four cores" will run just like a E6600 sometimes a little slower but thats what some benchmarks shows. Imo I prefer to wait a little more for Quad-core, sure there are games that are coming out this year that will use it but most likely by the times goes price on quad-core should drop more.. there is no need for them now but thats just what I think.

Yeh your arguement is definately valid.

If you have a DS3R you can upgrade anyway...

Kentsfield is a q6600.

Sorry I'm not sure what the name is :-( When I said the Kentsfield, I meant the new 45nm quad cores that are yet to come out, sorry for the confusion.

Also, Penryn's are the dual core 45nm, the 45nm quad core is called something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom