What Laptop to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
true ive found dabs not the cheapest but for that laptop its £130 cheaper than ebuyer. (their price includes VAT) would u format a latop HDD as soon as u got it and put the 64bit version on windows on? just becuase ive heard that laptop OSs are setup specifically to save power but i dont see how it should be different apart from the power saving?

I thought you were right until I just checked Ebuyer's prices against Dabs and Ebuyer is far cheaper (their P&P is cheaper too) for the 1501LCe:

Ebuyer.com £830.95 incl VAT +£4.99 excl VAT
Dabs.com £868.32 incl VAT + £8.00 excl VAT

In fact I'm amused now because I just found the 1502LMi for £839.42 incl VAT on Ebuyer :eek:

Am I seeing things or is this for real? Isn't there a law whereby if that's the price advertised that's the price you pay because that can't be right??

Anyway regarding the formatting, when the 64-bit version of Windows XP is released I think your best bet would be to leave it for a short while to see what press attention it gets but assuming it's all good I hear it'll bring great performance boasts (making the most of that AMD processor) and you'd probably be wisest to upgrade. I'm sure any enhancements regarding power saving can be achieved with the 64-bit Windows too :D

I'm not an expert on it though, can anyone else provide further enlightenment?

my bad, i missed the verison u put up havin a 60gig HDD i really dont know how they can addd a extra £160 for 20gig????

Do you mean the price hike from the 1501LCe to the 1501LMi?

Although you do get a little more than just an extra 20GB I know what you're saying..

Compare the price hike from the 1501LMi to the 1502LMi though which is an extra £100+ just for having a 3200+ over a 3000+.

I'm ringing Ebuyer tomorrow about that typo regarding the 1502LMi though, it's only a few more £££s than the 1501LCe on their website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom