E6600 and E6700 good OC'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Im trying to get the fastest PC for desktop work i can... because the amount of stuff i have opening at the pc startup is...well... 10 MINUTES WORTH on a stock E6300, ive just ordered a DS3R mobo and a Arctic Freezer 7 Pro. But im thinking that will probably improve my desktop performance, but theres a few games i want this year aswell... so yeh guess what, i want a E6600 or E6700, but only if i could gain a good maount more by overclocking it compared to a overclocked E6300 lol.

Specs:

2GB (2x1Gb sticks) of 667Mhz PC5300
(Soon to be) Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
(Soon to be) Arctic Freezer Pro 7

Reckon its worth it, because im gona be playing some VERY CPU demanding games soon, and i wont have the money for the new Intel Quad Cores. So i was thinking grab a bargain after the price drop.

Unless the E6300 will cut it (i was planning to OC to about 2.8Ghz, or 3.0Ghz, depending on stability.

Also, if im overclocking all this and geting a E6600/E6700, will i need to get a new PSU because my current one is only a 400W £40 , was a brand youd of herd of, but i cant remember, anyway its only 400W.

if you can afford get the e6850 lol that thing should fly for $250
if that cant overclock then get the e6750 or e6650
wait for reviews

well you might also want to get a quad core processor if you are multitasking or if the game supports using multi cores. also what is your graphics card? just upgrading cpu won't help it if you have a poor graphics card. i reccomend 8800 gts or 8800 gtx if you have the money. it also depends on which resolution you are playing as some games just uses up to 400-600mb on high res like 1600 x 1200

Well, yes my GPU isnt that great and i know it could do with upgradeing, however im not the kind of person who can't put up with a little bit of lag and need 60FPS (although i often get it :cool:, except Oblivion :p)

Im using a X1950Pro. Im in the UK remember, things are a hella of a lot more expensive over here. Quad Cores a likely to be way out my range, the only one i might be able to get is the Q6600 thats £240... what do you think it'll be after the 22Nd July price drop ?

Whats the difference between E6600 and E6650 ?

I play games at a fairly low resolution of 1280x768, limted by my Monitor, as its 'Actually' a TV. But the TV part doesnt work.

If your startup is taking forever just remove items you don't need. A common call I get from customers is that their computer is running slow and when I go in to check it out they have a startup list thats 8 miles long of apps they never or rarely use. I had one lady who installed to anti virus apps and had them both running a system scan on startup. no wonder why her pc was slow!

If your startup is taking forever just remove items you don't need. A common call I get from customers is that their computer is running slow and when I go in to check it out they have a startup list thats 8 miles long of apps they never or rarely use. I had one lady who installed to anti virus apps and had them both running a system scan on startup. no wonder why her pc was slow!

Yeh some people have all kinds of stuff loaded for their cameras and printers and bundled software and drivers which does nothing more than slow you pc down.

Never install bundled software that comes with non PC parts. 95% of the time its useless and windows will do the same but faster....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom