Cooling Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That masscool pc a/c is gonna cost u $50 with shipping. Shoot, why not save up another $35 and get yourself a real a/c at walmart. $79.99.

If you would have read the thread you would see that I am unable to buy an air conditioner for the previously listed reasons.

You're certainly correct about the INITIAL cost of the air conditioner. Though who do you think pays for the electricity that the Air conditioner would be running off of?

Well thats true, but why your parents don't let you get an air conditioner ? I know I shouldn't ask but it keeps bothering me that they don't let you, you can give them like a "monthly fee" or something. I know getting an a/c is out of the question here but like I told you before something keep bothering me to ask..again..:rolleyes:

Initial cost well thats a good one.

But don't the computer use electricity too?
Yeah sure you gonna said the a/c spend more and is 99.8% true.

Anyway I see that you have managed to drop temps in your CPU with a cheaper option than getting an a/c good for you ;) .

I know I am new here, but I really feel a need to respond to this. A small a/c unit 5000btu or so can be purchased for $75-$89, which is much cheaper than adding a lot of new cooling techniques into your case.

I know it goes beyond initial cost, so look for a unit within the above stated price range that has an EER of 9.7... You will spend less than $15/month on electricty to cool your room and that will fix your PC problems and your personal comfort problems all at the same time.

I am sorry but there is absolutely no logical reason to not have a window AC unit.

i think u've cornered him :)

yo phanto, when are u getting ur system, we both have been discussing one for a while now so... i'm exstatic to get it :)

LOL, first of all my apologies for replying so late but most of the time I forget to check the "User CP" where it keep tracks of my replies or the active topic that I'm participating.

Anyway I'm planning getting mine after July 22 but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should make the rig or wait up to November for the 9xxx series to come out, is not that I want the latest or more "faster" GPU available but it hurts spending around $500 in a video card when in about 3 to 4 months it will drop considerable in price specially since this is my first time spending so much $$ in a video card.

Parents don't need to use logic. I live in their house, therefore I must abide by their rules.

Good answer. My daughter is beginning to understand that rule as my wife uses it very regularly.

on a side note, there usually is a reason why parents do what they do. Normally it has nothing to do with not using logic, there are those few times when we don't see things as clearly but that's part of the learning process that goes on throughout life.

I have been wrong once :)

Hi guys. I am trying to find someone to give me a hand with some thermal issues I have been having with my processor. I am running a Pentium D @ 3.4ghz (not overclocking.)

My house has no air conditioning and it gets up to 100-105 degrees in the room my pc is in. It is a cooling nightmare. I have fans all over my case trying to keep my processor cool. It's just not working for me. My processor's temperature when IDLE is around 63-65 degrees Celsius. When I start to play games, such as Counter Strike: Source, my temp can go up to 75-80 degrees celsius. I have intel's desktop utilities running and when my temp gets above 75-76 degrees I get a warning that alt-tabs me out of my game telling me that my temperature is exceeding the maximum recommended temperature. I have comtemplated turning off the warning and ignoring my thermal problems but don't want to destroy my pc.

I basically want to know what you guys would do if you were in my situation. I start school in the fall and am saving for a car so I really can't afford to do too much work. I can afford to spend no more than 200-300 on upgrading my machine. I have thought about liquid cooling but have had some issues in the past with it. I want to know what I could do/buy to help, and if liquid cooling really makes that much of a temperature difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read my issue.
You have the worst of all worlds here. Air cooling in a hot environment, and it's a Pentium D, which usually runs hot anyway.

You could try a few things, such as:
using better thermal paste
using a better cooler (obviously)
taking off the IHS (permanent modification to the processor) - A lot of the Pentium D's are two die chips, rather than having one dual core die. so you'll need to watch for that if you do take off the IHS.

Good answer. My daughter is beginning to understand that rule as my wife uses it very regularly.

on a side note, there usually is a reason why parents do what they do. Normally it has nothing to do with not using logic, there are those few times when we don't see things as clearly but that's part of the learning process that goes on throughout life.

I have been wrong once :)

I tell my kids, "I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong." :D

As for the heat issue, you guys know more about individual components than I do, but I know a lot about CFM's, heating/cooling. I would recommend taking off both sides of the case if the chassis can handle it and aim a room fan through the case. With the ambient air being idle speed temps already, it wont be a total solution but getting that much mass airflow across the board will help dissipate some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom