Building Gaming Computer. Need simple help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you order from newegg....newegg itself has a 1 year warranty through themselves for everything as well as most of the parts have a 3 year or more warranty through the manufacturer...it's better than 1 year from dell or best buy or even cyberpowerpc

wrong I bought an open box P5N-E which didn't work after a day. I called them up said it was defective and they payed the shipping back and refunded my money...it's not a bad deal at all

q6600
tuniq tower 120 (look for it on svc.com)
gigabyte p35-ds3r
g-skill HZ 2gb kit (for this if u look up g-skill HZ u will get 0 finds on the search, what u need to do is look up g-skill ddr2-800 and look for black ram)
coolermaster elite 330
8800gtx
corsair 520
get two 320gb seagate 7200.10 HD's with a RAID0 config (HD's are really cheap nowadays )
DVD-RW Drive, just look for the cheapest ones u can find

i think thats somewhere near 1400$
about 1k if u wait til the 22nd

Thanks for the help vernong and everyone else. This is what i came up with just using cyberpowerpc. They build it for you right?

X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temp Display (not sure how important a case is should i upgrade this at all?)

3x cooling fans
(is this needed?)

NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply
(is this needed?)

(Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T

CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System
(is this needed?)

(Quad-Core Supports) MSI P965 Neo-F P965 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio (should i upgrade?)

4GB (4x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express

500GB (250GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
how important is 16MB cache or Raid 0?

Things im not sure about is case, motherboard, and how many fans i will need to prevent overheating. Things might also change by the 22nd depending on how much prices drop. And on the building it all on my own. I know a friend that has done that but ordering from this web site just sounds like the easiest thing to do because I need to make sure this thing is up and running in time for college.

Thanks for the help vernong and everyone else. This is what i came up with just using cyberpowerpc. They build it for you right?

X-Discovery Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temp Display (not sure how important a case is should i upgrade this at all?)

3x cooling fans
(is this needed?)

NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply
(is this needed?)

(Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6700 CPU @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 2x2MB L2 Cache EM64T

CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System
(is this needed?)

(Quad-Core Supports) MSI P965 Neo-F P965 Chipset LGA775 Supports Core 2 Duo CPU FSB1066 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio (should i upgrade?)

4GB (4x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 16X PCI Express

500GB (250GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
how important is 16MB cache or Raid 0?

Things im not sure about is case, motherboard, and how many fans i will need to prevent overheating. Things might also change by the 22nd depending on how much prices drop. And on the building it all on my own. I know a friend that has done that but ordering from this web site just sounds like the easiest thing to do because I need to make sure this thing is up and running in time for college.

ok... why cyberpower PC first of all.... they don't keep up with most pricecuts..... i mean they charge 240 for ram that u can buy at Newegg for 129$ so i recommend u buy things like RAM, HD's, the GTX, teh cooling system, FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE, or better yet go to ncixus.com and buy as if ur buying from newegg then get the assembly from their site for extra cash, if ur missing components, they will test it out with stuff they have pull it out, and buy some of the cheaper parts of newegg, and u can put them in urself when u get the system and ur own parts, or even better than both is to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom