I really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Oh god, I think I messed up my OS. I was trying to reformat it one more time because of PhotoGallery which bugs the **** out of me. I'm reformatting it right now, and it's freezing on me at "Installing Windows". What should I do? I'm trying to exit the installation, but everytime it the computer reboots, the Setup comes back! Agh, I keep making mistakes!

Fujitsu ATA Diagnostic Tool 6.61
Fujitsu SCSI Diagnostics 2.6
IBM-Hitachi Drive Fitness Test
Maxtor Powermax 4.22
Maxtor SCSIMax
Quantum Data Protection System
Samsung Diagnostic (SHDiag)
Samsung Drive Diagnostic Utility (Hutil)
Seagate SeaTools desktop
Seagate SeaTools entreprise
Western Digital Data Lifeguard 5.04f
Western Digital DLG for Windows 1.07.01

Possibly a bad hard drive, RAM, CD, or optical drive.

To test your hard drive just find out who the manufacture is and get it from this link Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Use memtest for your RAM.
Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Swap your optical drive.

Check your CD for any defects or scratches.

I think it's my Maxtor HDD. Everytime I try to run the setup again, around 3/4 of the way done, my screen blacks out 3 times, and a pop-up comes up saying, "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\System32\Tools\DelFolders.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." I can't get into my Windows so how am I suppose to do this? While typing this on my laptop, my computer just froze, mouse+keyboard isn't working and it's not responding.

I'm not sure what you are trying on your laptop...

Well if your computer can't boot to Windows then the obvious thing to do is go on another computer and download those diagnostic tools that I posted for your hard drive. Download the Maxtor PowerMax 4.23 Bootable CD .ISO image file onto a working computer with a CD burner and burn it as an image to a CD using this software The Official ImgBurn Website . Use it on the computer that has the bad hard drive. These diagnostic tool are not meant to be run on Windows..they are bootable CD that you boot into.

I'm not sure what you are trying on your laptop...

Well if your computer can't boot to Windows then the obvious thing to do is go on another computer and download those diagnostic tools that I posted for your hard drive. Download the Maxtor PowerMax 4.23 Bootable CD .ISO image file onto your laptop and burn it as an image to a CD. Use it on the computer that has the bad hard drive. These diagnostic tool are not meant to be run on Windows..they are bootable CD that you boot into.

Well I meant, while I was typing that post on my laptop, and taking a look at my computer, it just froze on me so I had to reboot the computer. Well I'll try that diagnostic tool you showed me and tell you the results in a few minutes.

Alright, I burnt it into a CD as a Image file, placed it into my optical drive, and nothing is happening. It comes right back to the setup telling me to insert my Windows SP2 CD. I'm thinking about going to return the Maxtor HDD since it's been giving me a lot of problems.

You have to set your BIOS setting to boot from CD before HD, because it's checking the HD first. You want the CD to be check first.

A good order is floppy then CD/DVD then hard drive.

Or sometime you can press like F2, F10 or F12 etc...if your motherboard lets you to select which drive to boot to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom