Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper9999

Solid State Member
I've got XP Home and 4 logical drives. On my c drive I've a folder that is something like e43hdy38 (or whatever) and under it are two folders called ic and ip. When I try to do ANYTHING to these subfolders (ic and ip), I get "access is denied". The properties, for example, are Read Only, but I can't change them without the "access is denied" error. Nor can I delete these subfolders.

How can I delete/look at these subfolders? What did this hack do to my c: drive? How can they lock me out of my own subfolders?

well if u have nero, open it up and select data cd, add files. instead of adding the files just click and then delete. that should get passed the access denied.

Are you sure you are logged on as the administrator of the computer? When you try to open the folders, does it ever ask you for a password?

To me, this does not sound like someone hacked your computer, it just sounds like something about the files is corrupt.

I have no logins. When it boots it comes straight in and that's what I use. I can modify and see everything else from what I've seen.

I'm not saying you're not right, but why would I have a folder called e47fbi23 or whatever right at my root? No self-respecting code, which is all I would intentionally install, would do that.

Ya this is a tough one because with XP home you cant edit permissions (or i havent found a way to do it) try sharing out the folder with full control and then deleting it that may work

I've tried safe mode. I had already tried spyware checks (both spybot and adaware). And I had already tried sharing them out. Any other ideas?

And also I tried to move into the ic directory in dos and it wouldn't let me: it says "access is denied" as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom